07 May It’s Mother’s Day!
Posted at 13:13h in Uncategorized
Mother’s Day is a holiday honoring motherhood. You can find mothers and motherhood celebrations all the way back to ancient Greeks and Romans, who would hold festivals in honor of the mother goddesses. In the United States, we often use Mother’s Day to make an extra-special effort to recognize and appreciate our mothers’ roles in our lives.
Have you thought about how you can make this day just a tad bit sweeter for your mom or mom figure? Here is a list of 10 creative ways to show your mom a little extra comfort, love, and recognition.
- Offer yard and garden services – whether this is planting a flower or mowing the lawn
- Decorate your mom’s door
- Cook for mom or set up a virtual lunch date
- Put on a virtual talent show or give mom an extra-long call
- Watch a movie or show together – this can be in person or over the phone!
- Make mom a video, music playlist, or piece of art
- Go outside – how about a picnic or a walk in the park?
- Make a homemade gift
- Take a virtual tour of a museum together
- Make your own card
Moms are the reason we are here – on Mother’s Day show your mom more love!